I will just jump into the pics.
And I tried to do some fancy close up shots, not very well, but I tried.
First, the fix. The damage wasn’t as bad as it could have bin. The feet came off cleanly, I did think I was going to have to resculpt the front half of both of them. There was already a crack in the left wrist, so the hand and spear came off and there was a crack in the middle of the right leg. The general procedure for fixing it was, glue the broken bits back on with a small about of super glue, then I make a slurry of BeesPutty and Isopropyl alcohol and paint it on the joint, trying to get it as far into the gap as possible, then let dry for an hour or two. Then with some well worked BeesPutty, I fill and smooth any gap that’s left and then bake.
I set out, in what seems so long ago, to do a 54mm miniature and I did. The major criticism I have with it, is that the detales all seem a bit fuzzy, like I spent too much time smoothing and not trying to maintain a crisp edge. The spear could have done with more love, but it did turn into a pain in the ass. I think that I did capcher the flowing ness form the artwork.
A new thing I used for this project was time tracking, using a website called Toggl. It’s just to get an idea of how long projects take and what I spend most of my time doing. Hear is part of the report form this one. You can see that it took just over 50 hours.
“Detail large” was getting the main shape to all the clothing and “Detail small” was smoothing and refining that as well as doing the finer details like the face. Quite a lot of the time was me messing around, like the bulking was all the muscle work I did. It wasn’t necessary to go into so much detail, but it was fun. Seven hours praising hands was maybe a bit much and the weapon, enough said about that the better. I did find this a bit interesting.
Thanks for looking